Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Good Deed

Back in school we were supposed to write a "Good Deed" everyday in our "homework diary". It was just a one-liner which summarised something good we did for the day. It could be as small as doing an errand for mom and so on. Basically it was to encourage students to cultivate a helping nature. I like the idea and we really used to look for opportunities to help so that we write about it.

And writing one unique one everyday was the toughest part. It used to get boring at times. And sometimes we would be late to school and we realise that we have'nt done/written the "good-deed". So we used to hurry-up and end up writing an imaginary one or a funny one like ones below (these are all I could remember for now)

I helped my brother by doing his homework.

I helped an old woman cross the road even if she did'nt want to.

I helped my mom by going with her to the shop.

2 comments:

Varun said...

Blog-hopped here...

Hahaha. ROFL :). This post reminded me of my good ol' school days.

Let me list out some imaginary ones I used to write

I gave 25 paise to a beggar today

I washed our car

I cleaned our bedroom with the help of my sister

Ramya said...

LOL. Tats a funny one.. i helped mom by goin wit her to the shop.. haha to spend more actually :P lol.