Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 28, 2006

Mirror mirror on the wall ..

Ah ! Finally I found something to write about ..

It all started yday evening when I went home after office. My daughter, Dhriti, who is 22 months old,was getting bored and I was wondering what game to play with her. She started behaving cranky and started crying. Knowing not what to do I started immitating her and started to cry just like her. Yes ! It worked. She stopped crying. I stopped too. She realised that I am doing exactly what she is doing. She sat down. I sat too. She found it funny and started laughing. I started laughing too. She would change her action and I would do the same. On the whole she enjoyed it thoroughly. Of-course I did too. I decided to call it the Mirroring game.

She is also fascinated by mirrors. She would stand in front of the mirror and do all kind of faces. Every time I dress her up or tie up a Juttu,she will run to the mirror to see what it looks like.

I wonder whether we are so fascinated abt mirrors at such early age? I can bet that most of us simply cant take our eyes off the mirror. We can't resist the temptation of looking at ourselves, setting our hair right, making sure the bindi is in right place and so on? Atleast I know I cant.

Even if I am getting late to office I have to spend atleast a few(??) seconds in front of the mirror. Then I hop onto the car and adjust the side mirror so that I can see myself :) This drives my hubby crazy the next time he sits in the driver's seat.

If I am going in an auto I keep admiring myself in the small mirror that is sometimes there above the front glass. Sometimes the driver suddenely happens to look up and I turn my face away. Why the hell should he disturb me. My all smiling looks suddenely changes into an angry one :(

I enter office campus and start looking at myself in the glass windows, least bothered about what the person at the other side of the glass would think of me. Next is my fav. the lift! Its all surrounded by mirrors. Oh ! How I love it :) While I wait for the lift I pray that nobody be in the lift, so that I can look at myself from all angles.

By now you must be thinking all gals are like that but guys are no less. Maybe they are not as conscious as women are. Anyways, it does'nt make much difference. Does it?

Thot of ending the note with this pic "Best Tee ever mirrored"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mast time pass maadtha iddira anni!!! he he he

Anonymous said...

I can imagine you playing the "mirroring game" with Dhriti :).Reading your blogs is as much fun as talking to you..Keep it up !

Unknown said...

Thant is an amazing photo! confirms a photo is worth thousand words!!