Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mobile jargon

la la la ..(some fancy ringtone ) .. goes my cellphone ..

I pick it up ..

xyz asks "Where are you?"

When someone calls me and asks "Where are you?" I wonder "Did they call me to find out where I am?" Well, I really don't understand how it matters. They can go ahead and talk to me rather then finding out where I am and then coming to the point. Sometimes you are in such awkward situation that you dont want to answer the question.

Why the Q in the first place? What's the curiosity all about? Does it help them in anyway? Unless of-course they are seriously hunting for you to strangle you for some goof-up you did :)

Not that I dont use this phrase. I intentionally use it when I call my hubby ;) It irritates him and pleases me. Ok now coming back, the point I was trying to make here is that, have you ever noticed how this phrase "Where are you" is so popular amongst cellphone users. It is in-fact fast replacing the traditional "hello"? Instead of first greeting the person you called, all you want to know is ...

Update: I also realised how "tell me" has also become so popular. And not to mention the "missed call" concept.

No comments: